The Photo Arts Club of Toledo presents its 35th Annual Photo Contest
Co-sponsored and exhibited at Metroparks Toledo, Secor Metropark
Accepting entries Feb 13th through Mar 15th, 2023
Contest limited to first 500 entries.
Link to Brochure and Registration Form
Exhibition Dates and Times
The Opening Reception will be held on Friday, March 24 at the Secor Center at Secor Metropark,
The exhibit remains open at the Secor Center from Noon to 4 p.m. on Saturdays, and Sundays between Saturday, March 25 and Saturday, May 6, 2023; Exhibit will be closed on Palm Sunday (April 2) and Easter Weekend (April 8 & 9)
We will award cash prizes and ribbons to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place winners in all categories. We will award ribbons to Honorable Mentions.
New this year! Photographers entering the contest will receive a $10 discount towards a new club membership in the Photo Arts Club of Toledo. Existing PACT members are not eligible for the discount.
Exciting News!! Thanks to the La-Z-Boy Company for donating a La-Z-Boy chair (or other product) for Best of Show. The winning photographer will receive a certificate to be redeemed at any Toledo Area La-Z-Boy outlet for up to $599 towards the purchase.
How to Enter and Rules
- This contest is open to amateur photographers who earn less than 51% of their income from photography.
- Entry fee is $8 per photo. Limit 15 photos per photographer.
- Two options for payment.
- Payment through PayPal <
- Make check payable to "Photo Arts Club of Toledo” and enclose in an envelope with registration information taped to the back of one of the photos
- All photos must be mounted on strong flat mounting board; unmounted photos will not be accepted.
- Photos must be at least 8” x 10” excluding matting and no larger than 20” x 24” including matting.
- Photos must not be framed or contain glass and not enclosed in sleeves,
- Photos will be hung using Velcro. Photos that are too heavy to be supported in this manner will be disqualified. Examples include metal prints, wood backing, etc.
- No name, title, date or text is to be on the front of the photos.
- No nudes or offensive photographs or titles. Judgement of the contest committee is final.
- Enter each photo in only one category.
- Winning photos from previous Photo Arts Club of Toledo annual contests are not eligible to enter.
- Utmost care will be taken in handling and displaying photos, however the Photo Arts Club and Metroparks Toledo will not be liable for lost or damaged photos.
- An ID label will be attached to the upper right hand corner of the photo to identify the photographer and title after judging. Note that matting can help in preventing the ID label from obscuring the photo.
- The Photo Arts Club of Toledo and the Metroparks have the right to use all photos for informational and promotional purposes with photographer credit.
The Secor Center at Secor Metropark is operated by Metroparks Toledo located at 10001 W Central Ave, (US20), Berkey OH, 43504. Six miles west of I-475/US 23 on West Central Avenue/US 20. https://metroparkstoledo.com/explore-your-parks/secor-metropark/
- The Andersons
- Kohne Camera & Print Refinery
A. People (people are the main subject)
B. Plants (plants are the main subject-individual plants, close-ups or groupings, not scenic landscapes)
C. Animals (animals are the main subjects, including birds, insects, reptiles, etc.)
D. Places (landscapes, vistas and locations are the main subject)
E. Open (photographs that cannot be categorized in any other category, e.g. still life, abstracts, food, products, etc.)
F. Monochrome: (black & white, grayscale, monotone or sepia.) No selective color added.
G. The Christine Holliday Youth Division (17 and under) – photos from any of the above categories.
Where & When to Turn in Prints
Contest entries will be accepted February 13th thru March 15th, 2023 at:
|Kohne Camera & Photo
120 W. South Boundary,
Monday–Saturday, 1 pm–6 pm.
Photo Arts Club of Toledo Clubhouse
at The Toledo Botanical Garden
5403 Elmer Drive, Toledo, OH 43615
The following Saturdays only:
Feb 18, Feb 25, Mar 4, Mar 11 Noon to 4 pm.
|Metroparks Toledo Administration Office
At the Manor House, Wildwood Metropark
5100 W Central Ave. Toledo, OH 43615
Monday-Friday, 9 am—4 pm
Note: Days and times subject to change. You may wish to confirm via web or phone.
Where to Pick Up Your Prints
All photos and prizes must be picked up on Sunday, May 7 at the Secor Center at Secor Metropark between Noon and 4 p.m. If you are unable to pick up your prints at this time, please email email@example.com to make other arrangements. Unclaimed prints will be held for 30 days and then destroyed.